Thursday, October 22, 2009

Night

Although it's late and I'm rather tired, I feel obligated to make good on my promise to write here every day. But in the interest of my getting at least a little sleep tonight, it will be a short one.

I suppose the thing, and the reason that I'm still up, is that I don't really want to go to sleep. I'm not scared, and I don't really have anything else to work on tonight. Its just that I'm not tired. I go through most days absolutely exhausted and start really wake up around midnight. How's that for a messed up sleeping schedule?

I'm not sure why this is, but however inconveniently it may fit into the schedule of the real world I have to admit that I kind of like it. I've just always felt like I belonged so much more to the night than to the day. I feel more comfortable at night, more at home. Perhaps the hustle and bustle of the day becomes overwhelming to me sometimes...I know it does in fact. At night I can go most anywhere I please without facing throngs of people in every direction, and I can actually slow my mind down enough to think. There's something very beautiful and peaceful about it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh please.
    You're totally scared. Dead baby ghosts. Demons with loud footsteps. Getting louder. and Louder and LOUDERRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete